RE: Quick-D Throttle Body Response to Tony De Anda

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 18:11:35 EDT

I am with Bernd on this one. Tony makes one hell of a product, it performs
awesome, looks great and is one hell of a bang for your buck!! Tony, just
look past those who try to demand stuff like that. From my past experience,
if I wanted numbers to prove anything, I could go from dyno to another till I
found one that I liked. Face it, dynos give a good idea about performance
gains, but find one and stay with it, don't go chasing numbers. And the one
and only true performance measure can be found at the track. That is the one
thing that can truly show a performance increase. Sure there are a few
factors that affect it, there a even more that affect a dyno. Someone could
enter the wrong numbers (tire size, weight, ratio, etc...). Plain and
simple, Tony has a reputation of making one hell of a product, and there are
many Dakota drivers who will tell you that his tbs are sweet. If you can't
look at the past history of his products and tell that they work, then maybe
you need to look somewhere else. What is the reason that Flowmaster, Dynomax
and others sell so much? Their reputation. Sure, they have dyno numbers,
but how do you know they are what they say they are? I was looking at a
flowmaster ad one day and got to reading the fine print and I was very
disappointed. It claimed 25 extra RWHP on a Chebby 350 98 Model. In the
fine print it talked about adding a Flomaster with a 3" exit and in fine
print, a K&N air filter. Hell, if I spent that much and that was all I got,
I would be disappointed. So either wait for some numbers from customers or
just get over it. Tony is letting his product sell itself through customers,
not through heavy advertising. Ok, getting of the soap box now.....

Will
96 Dakota Cylindrically Challenged (Anemic my a**) V-6