Gas mileage?

From: PoohDog629@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 12:04:43 EDT

Hey all, I hope the list can get over the latest trend of temper flares
without losing any major members. I think we just need to remember how much
information the list brings us and everything that we can learn and share
about our trucks because of the list. With my .02 added here is my question
for all of you all knowing dakota owners. I'm looking for some gas mileage
out of my 5.2 '98 cc. Right now with nothing but city driving and keeping my
foot out of it I'm right at 13.5 mpg. That's not too bad, but I was wondering
what I could do to get this figure up a couple digits. The only modification
I have made to my truck is the K&N FIPK. I put it on about 2 weeks ago and
haven't yet gotten any hard numbers on gas mileage, but it looks as if things
haven't really improved any in this department. I have seen a big amount of
gain in the giddyup and go department though and I love it. I'm looking to
mainly make the truck run as efficiently as possible and if I can get some
extra hp's I wouldn't be disappointed. Thanks to all of you that have brought
me some major findings and information about my truck.

Mike