Re: 95/93 V6 Swap

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 17:06:00 EDT

> What the heck is Kyle up to? Swapping one V6 for another one?
>
> If you're going to the trouble of swapping engines, why not go for a
> V8? Just the price? Do you maybe have some new sick idea for the V6
> and need a test platform? (just curious)

Jason, and others,
I am just curious and currently weighing my options and what I want to do
compared to what should I do compared with what will be most effective. I
have found a 95 4x4 V6 Dak recently totalled with a mere 28,000 miles on my
V6 engine. It was hit from behind, and the owner bought the truck back after
it was totalled out. I am currently also looking into Jasper and Marshall
3.9L V6 engines, and waiting for some places to figure out pricing and call
me back. I just have loved my V6 Dak and it have suited me just great for
the past 130,000 miles; I mean it still runs great and all, just miss some
of the grunt it used to have. Just have to wait and see how pricing goes. I
am just pondering if it would be better getting a 93/94 engine, since they
are more the same and use the same TB, so my QuickD TB would bolt right on
and I am still unsure of the compatibility with my 93 puter if I were to get
a 95 V6 engine.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6