Re: Speedglo/gage calibration?

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 05:34:23 EDT

On Fri, 06 Oct 2000 15:07:45 -0500, 98R/T <98rt@home.com> wrote:
>that they were before they were removed. Well some of the gages were off.
>Any idea on how to calibrate the gages? Is there any procedure in the FSM?

Turn the key on but do not start the engine. Set the oil pressure
needle to zero. Drive the car, and while normal running set the volt
meter to 14. As soon as the low gas light and bell go off set the
fuel gauge to 1/8 tank. Drive on the Interstate with the cruise
control, adjust speed until you are passing a mile marker every 60
seconds. Drive by five markers and verify five minutes passed. Set
the speedo to 60. While at 60, with OD on set the tach to 2000rpm.
Turn off OD and verify tach is 3000rpm. That's how I set mine.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC