Re: Is there one person who can answer this?

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 07 2000 - 18:59:46 EDT

Hmmm... meant to send this to the list, but I think it only ended up
going to Bob. Strange.

Sorry Bob, you get two copies :-).

--- Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> wrote:
> Hi, Jason
>
> I know that we've got different years and models but thought I
> would take a look anyways.

Thanks, I appreciate all the advice I can get.

> I think that I'm looking at the same area and they do look
> different.
> When I saw the pics, the first thing that came to mind was a
> heat/noise
> insulation type of material. There is none on mine ... just the
> hard, black rubber mount.

Most interesting. Norah's '98 has a similar style of mount to my
'95. I figured with the different body style, transmission, engine
and cab size, they probably would have been different. But it
looked to be just an update to the same basic design. Maybe the 2wd
uses a different style mount.

I snapped a couple of pics under her truck as well for comparison.
They're all under

ftp://24.69.182.53/pub/sheridan/pics/Dakota/insulator

98-1 and 98-3 show the same part (I was under the right side of the
truck, slightly behind the part -- that drive shaft you see is the
front one). 98-2 is an attempt at a close-up, but the camera
didn't work very well (crappy picture). 98-4 is the same part,
looking from the front this time.

I tried to get mine from the front as well in 95-3 and 95-4, but
again the camera didn't work like I wanted it to. 95-1 and 95-2
are the pictures I originally posted links to.

> BTW, I still haven't gone over to Taylors so I haven't gotten a
> price
> on that crossmember. I'll be going over there soon as I will need
> some
> oil filters and fog lamp bulbs. If you've got a part number for
> it, it'll help.

Oops, I forgot about that. I actually already got one from
Scarborotown. I tried to look up this insulator as well, but what
they had listed didn't look a thing like the part on the truck. I
think if I decide to replace it, I'm going to have to take in some
pictures so I can show them what I'm talking about. (They wanted
$60 for the insulator, this is why I'm trying to find out if I really
need to spend the money to replace it.)

Thanks again.

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.