Re: Five Star Blow off, or how to ruin a good customer.

From: SEMIHEMI01@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 11:15:46 EDT

Scott,
    I have the variation in the idle that you are talking about but mine has
never died or even tried to. I know the idle is weird but I will not let the
dealer flash the computer with the new DC flash. It will probably stop some
of the idle problem but it also retards the advance by 4 degrees which
equates to loss of power. I think the idle variation is the IAT hunting for
the right mixture to meet the EPA standard the is in the computer.
    My 5 spd. will idle hi as long as I'm rolling with the clutch in. The
minute (second) it comes to a complete stop it drops to normal. 10 mph down
to stop. Bill

SEMIHEMI01 (Bill C.) 2001 QC, 4.7L, 5spd. 3.55 LSD, K-N Cool-Air, SilBlades,
10w-30 MOBIL 1, 180 T'STAT, GIBSON 3" single side swept cat-back, G-TECH,
<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/semihemi01/">"THE DAK"</A>