1/4 wave (108") antenna

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 13:39:38 EDT

Ok... one more question..... after what I have read and what folks here
have said, it is best to go with a 1/4 wave whip for best results. All
other antennas are a compromise.. (FWIW: I have yet to find a true 9ft
antennae... the longest truck mountable one I have found is 102" or 8ft 6in
long... wth?)

So.... what's better, the steel whip or the fiberglass? After checking it
out, I could mount one on the rear bed rail by the tailgate and bend it
down to tie off at the front of the bed without losing any clearance, but
can pop it up when I really want to reach out and touch someone or am
roadtripping....

Thanks in advace!