Re: 1/4 wave (108") antenna

From: James Brown (f1jim@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 16:58:23 EDT

Steel or fiberglass, either will do the job. The
reason the whips are only 102" is because they are all
designed to be used with a metal spring that brings
the total length back to 1/4 wave. You must use the
spring or a metal spacer of the same length to get a
proper "match" between the antenna and the radio.
Want an ever better match? Make the antenna cable
exactly 1/4 wavelength also. or 1/2 wave, full
wavelength, etc.
JB