2000 DAKOTA chassis lube??

From: Robert Allen (reallen@intrex.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 14:12:35 EDT

        I have a 2000 DAK V6 5 SP manual trans. I took it in for oil/filter change
and
chassis lube. They said they couldn't do chassis lube because of no grease
fittings. My
question is, are there supposed to fittings that were not put in at the
factory and
should be there? Or, is this a sealed system that never needs to be
greased? I am not
comfortable with systems that "never" need to be lubed.

        This truck has never impressed me until a few weeks ago when it rained
about 5
inches in about 3 hours. I was on my home after work at midnight when I was
suddenly
in water that came over my headlights for about 100 yards. I was impressed
that the
engine didn't stall out (I was down to first gear and kept the RPMs above
2500) and
the next morning I found the inside to be totally dry!! No water at all got
inside. The
grill and the air conditioner condenser behind it were totally packed with
grass, straw,
and all the trash that was in the water I went through.

        Any help with the question above is appreciated.......

                                R O B E R T A L L E N