Re: Alignment specs with mod'd wheels?

From: YECARTDR@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 20:17:45 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/2000 5:56:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
william@hiatt.net writes:

<< Well, I had the stock 15x8 rims. I know have the Durango R/T Rims + tires
 (17x9 rims, P275/60/17). I'm going to get the alignment done tomorrow, and
 was wondering which spec I should have the guy use. Should he use the
 Durango R/T spec, or use the stock spec for my truck? The suspension is all
 stock on my truck. What's the best thing for him to use?

 william

Being a former alignment tech, the first thing I would do is ask him to check
and see if there is a difference in the specs, then I would decide. You
might even ask the Tech which to use. If he is a good tech he'll show you
the differences and what might happen to your tires if you set the specs at
certain points.

Derek R. Tracey
97 CC 5.2L R/T Clone
(No R/T's in production 97)