Ride quality/shocks

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 20:56:32 EDT

So the Edelbrock IAS`s are too mushy? How so? Mine is a 4x4,and mushy
would be great! My truck is not harsh on potholes,or small,individual
bumps at each wheel.But on dozer rutted roads,speed bumps,expansion
joints,it`s pretty rough.One road in particular that I have to drive is
a hilly,gravel,rutted road that I almost lose it on every time,even in
1st gear,when going down this one hill.Are there any shocks(maybe the
IAS type)that can reduce this tightness and make the suspension
articulate more,at least an improvement over stock?I guess I want a
softer shock,or one I can adjust.These 4x4`s just seem to be tuned
funny,compared to other make 4x4`s.My former S-10 4x4 slammed into
potholes,yet was not anywhere near as choppy riding.(NO,I don`t want
that truck back,BTW) Steve P.

99 Dakota Sport Intense Blue RC 4X4 V6 42RE 3.92 Anti-Spin w/Infinity CD
system and optional hand-crank windows (2) 3923 Autolite spark plugs
Big Blue Ram sticker in the slider window that intimidates people into
establishing a safe following distance