Re: Shocks

From: jdurling@mindspring.com
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 23:52:09 EDT

Have them check the rear shocks. Not saying that is what it is but my dak statred riding exactly as you say. I went through
about three months of changing bushings, end-bar links, and so forth and finally found out it was because of teh rear
shocks. I found this only because I bought a set of bilsteins to improve the ride anyway and when I pulled the rear shocks
they seemed worn down but still fine. I set them on the pavment and started pushing down on them and could fully compress
them with two fingers. I learned a lesson about trucks and bad rear shocks...they make the truck ride real funny and it'll
drive you crazy trying to figure it out. The ride mostly felt like there was something out of balance or a suspension
problem in the front. Realize though I had more miles on my shocks but it's worth checking out anyway.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport