Re: v6 dakota towing specs...

From: Gary Bower (gwbower@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 09:54:49 EDT

If you get aclass 3 hitch it will be rated to tow 3000 lbs-300 lb 'tounge'
weight'(downward weight where the hitch meets the hitch ball)
A Class 4 will be rated at 5000lbs -500 lbs. Even if you get a class 4 hitch
you will need a good trans cooler and as other have told you shift out of
O/D. Don't expect to fly down the highway either. I'm sure terrain is a
factor, but going 45 or 50 with that much weight would be doing good.

97- CC- 4x4- v6 - 3.92 gear- Accel Coil- BoschPlugs- 10x2 K&N Air Filter