FW: New dyno results, 4.7L Leach custom PCM

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 10:47:59 EDT

Ok, here's the scoop. I pulled 3 times, up to 6000 rpms, and 120 MPH,
(bawahhaa haa haa) That was in 4th gear, hee hee hee, Uhmm, I'd be scared to
see what 5th gear would do!!
The PCM gave me 8 RWHP, and 9 RWTQ.
So my new total is 216 RWHP, and 292 RWTQ (WOW).
Now, I'm averaging the 3 runs I did. The average of the 3 I did at Carlisle
was 208 RWHP, and the average of yesterday was 216 RWHP.
The average TQ at Carlisle was 282.5, and yesterday was 291.5

New numbers: 216 hp @ 4800 rpm
              291.5 TQ @ 3200 rpm

MODS were: homemade air intake, K&N filter, Synthetic oil/lube, Flowmaster
muffler and tailpipe, custom PCM.

I'm estimating a crankshaft HP of 255 hp, and TQ approx. 345 ft lbs (at 3200
rpms!!!!!!) did somebody say the 4.7L had no low end TQ???? :) hee hee

What do I think about the custom PCM?? Ok, for 8 hp, its a little over
rated, and over priced, I was expecting around 12 to 15 RWHP. It did flatten
out my power curve even more. Considering this engine was only rated at 230
hp and 295 ft lbs @ the crankshaft from the factory, And I am now almost
pulling that TQ figure at the rear wheels , and within 15 RWHP of that
advertised 230 hp, I'm very happy with that. Especially since I haven't
touched anything inside the engine, no lower intake or head work, no TB, no
cams or rockers, nothing internal. I believe with a Cam change, and air
intake change (Z-tube), maybe a TB?? Headers and full custom exhaust this
engine is capable of 1 hp per cubic inch @ the flywheel, or in my case
(5spd) 243 RWHP.

BTW, while on the dyno I cut a rear Trans. yoke seal, don't know how or why,
maybe some crazy stuff happened at 6000 rpms??? Anyway, 30 bucks and 3 hrs
later I'm back on the road. I hope this isn't a reoccurring problem.

Matt--VA--Y2K-HEMI `00 Sport Plus RC
4.7L 5spd. 9 1/4 3.92 LSD, Homemade air intake,
T-Bars, Spring clamps, Mobil 1,Hoosiers
3" Flowmaster cat-back,Custom PCM
14.48 @ 92.40 MPH
216 RWHP/291.5 RWTQ
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ