Re: v6 dakota towing specs...

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 12:05:58 EDT

Yes, your 5th gear is really an "overdrive". I would not tow in 5th. This
should be stated in your owners manual although I have never read this
myself...I've never owned a 5-speed dak. I have however owned a 5-speed
F-250, which stated not to go into 5th when towing (at least it's not
recommended).
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/