Re: Friend needs help

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 12:08:03 EDT

--- rsuter@bizfon.com wrote:
> If it a V6 then it's a Timing CHAIN, not a belt. And a chain
> certainly
> should not break in 48k miles, although it would be wise to check
> the PM interval to know for sure.

I asked the service advisor at my "5 star" dealer what the
recommended maintenance interval was on the timing chain. His
response was that the chain is designed to last essentially forever
(the lifetime of the engine). He told me that belts have to be
replaced, but the chain in the V6 does not need normal maintenance.
This is according to official information from Chrysler Canada.

=====
Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.