Re: v6 dakota towing specs...

From: AWyseGuy@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 12:57:25 EDT

In a message dated 10/13/2000 9:35:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
adakota4x4@hotmail.com writes:

> Yes, leave our overdrive off...you don't want to tow anything in overdrive.
> Some will tell you different, but you're only hurting your tranny by
> towinig
> in overdrive. Stay at a decent speed, as has already been stated by one
> member...50-55mph tops. This will not only help your truck, but it's
> really
> the safe thing to do. If you don't tow a lot, keep braking in mind. You
> need to allow more distance between you and other on the road.
> --Aaron--
> 95 DSRC 4x4 V6
> www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95

I have to agree with Aaron (and the rest) with an AT leave the OD turned off.
 OD seems to be a bit touchy trying to handle the workload. and if you can
find a trailer with its own brakes.. that'd be great as well.

Aaron
95 Dakota Sport
86 Shelby Charger Turbo
94 Dakota WS (evolving into sport)