Re: '96 8.25" rear, spider gear broke, what next

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 19:42:26 EDT

Tell himn to get the Auburn LSD unit. All the parst are beefier. The Auburn
is the largest unit that will fit in the 8.25 He will have to grind a notch
in the housing to get it top fit but it is no big deal. I have one in my
truck with 4.10 gears. The oridinal spider gear was missing three teeth when
I took the rear end apart.
John

PS make sure he gets the instruction sheet for how toi cut the notch with the
unit. I got mine from a place called Drivetrain direct out of Corona CA. they
have a website on the internet