'96 8.25" rear, spider gear broke, what next

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 21:23:29 EDT

This weekend at the VMP mopar show, my buddy Al was racing his 96 RC 5.2L
5spd truck and snapped a spider gear, we limped her home, but now he has some
decisions to make. He wants to keep racing the truck, so more abuse is in
the future. I told him to check into a late model 9.25" rear retro fit???
not sure about the spring perch mounts or track width, anyone know???? If
that is not an option, what can you all recommend to beef up the 8.25"
rear????, is it possible to beef it up???
The spider gears are a weak link it seems??? Any advice would be
appreciated.
Thanks
Matt Y2K-HEMI