Re: Re: TB SPACER

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 22:59:16 EDT

> The spacer ( say 3/4inch thick) has a volume to it. thus the air volume
> introduced to the cylinder on intake stroke is increased....but the darn
> computer dont know it cause the spacer volume is located after all censors
do
> there readings. so youget more air but the same fuel shot in by the
> injector.(cause it dont know about the extra air) then on compression the
> volume is greater so you get more compression which in turn fires that
piston
> down a little harder so (you go faster)

Lemme get this straight -- the crank pulls the piston down the same
cylinder, and it gets more air if there's a TB spacer just because there's
more air to be had? So if I put a four inch spacer there I'll go even
faster?

I'm thinkin Po Boy TB spacer. I can cram a coupla FEET of spacer under that
hood.

Grady Ogburn
'98 Sport CC 4x4
5.2l, 5 Speed