Sick of my Jacobs Inig.

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 09:06:42 EDT

Well, after about a year and half, my Jacobs ing died, and they
only have a 1 year warrenty on a $400 product. Well, after I had to
switch back to the stock inig in the parking lot at the grocery store,
and driveing for a bit on the 0.06 gap plugs, the Check Engine
lamp comes on. I put new plugs in, gapped to the factory gap, and
I reset the computer, 1998 model - 318 cid and the light is gone.

I'd thought I knew how to get diag codes from 98's but it now appears
it's jsut a test for the insturment panel (engine off, hold tripmeter
button down -inig to ON - hold for 15 sec, then self test starts, but
no trouble codes) Is there a way besides the ScanTool to get codes
on '98?

Mike

--
"Thoughtcrime was not a thing that