Re: 3923's in a 4.7L-HELP!!! Platinum vs. Copper

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 00:32:26 EDT

Whoa there Steve...calm down for a second.

The Platinum Plug tips deteriorate very rapidly with the multiple spark
ignitions and also have a tendancy to misfire. I've tried the Autolite
Platinums (when they first came out) a long time ago in my 480HP Camaro BB
Chevy with an MSD and we also ran them on a 420HP Mustang 5.0L with the same
results...they just don't work well with Multiple Spark ignition systems.

- Bernd