RE: Re: 3923's in a 4.7L-HELP!!! Platinum vs. Copper

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 03:10:44 EDT

Ok, let's hold up a sec here. I smell another Civil War starting.
Everybody really needs to read their threads a little more carefully. I
think Steve already indicated (way earlier) that he understands why you
wouldn't use platinum plugs with "high energy" ignition systems such as MSD,
etal. What he was asking about is platinum plug use on the new 4.7 engines
where there is no available "high energy" ignition systems yet. If you
folks have experiences with platinum plugs, good or bad, PRIOR to installing
the MSD, or other, ignition systems in your vehicles, please comment.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile