Re: Re: 3923's in a 4.7L-HELP!!! Platinum vs. Copper

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 03:11:47 EDT

Bernd-

I'm not disagreeing with you. That's what has me worked up. I said in my
post straight up I understand the issue with multiple spark and CD style Hi
output ignitions. Been there done that. I've been using the MSD race
units since the early 80's. I ran hand me down units in my street toys. I
would never use platinum in my race cars.

BUT!!! I'm not going to be running an MSD in a 4.7L anytime during my
lease term....

In a stock, lo po, low voltage, totally crap 4.7 ignition system what is
the best thing to do? The Dodge Magazine article specifically says the
greater conductivity of DP's allow Chrysler to run lower voltage to
increase plug life. Now if I could modify the ignition, and I would love
to, I would run copper.

TRUST ME! This stock system ain't going knock the Platinum off a KMart
blue light special DP plug. A tank of good premium gas might resist
ignition from that system!

-STE