Re: Re: Re: 3923's in a 4.7L-HELP!!! Platinum vs. Copper

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 12:08:24 EDT

I take that as quite the compliment, thank you, I hope to posses that kind of
intelligence someday. I'll see what I can find as fas as conductivity goes
for platinum as opposed to copper, but remember that the platinum is BONDED
to a copped electrode and ground strap, so even if you have better conduction
platinum to platinum, is there any real overall conductivity gain, probably
not, so the only ACTUAL gain I can foresee is that of longer life due to the
platinum to platinum firing. I'm like you though, I can't leave well enough
alone I change plugs often too, I enjoy it, I like tinkering. Just my
thoughts on the subject. Contact me off list if you want me to buy these for
you at my cost at work, I could ship them for free to you. Maybe save a
fellow Mopar guy some cash.

Luke

> Hey Luke (or Ken Jr. as the inside joke would have it)-
>
> I am not totally convinced of the greater conductivity, but that's what
> "they" say. I really have no experience at all "playing" with Platinums.
> They are a phenomena of my dark years. 1988 to 1997 when I really had no
> car activity. I shut it all off as it was pretty painful to have to park
> everything. And benchracing on the sidelines for 9 years would have made
> it worse.

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, CC SB, 318 A-500 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4,
soon to be 8 3/4 Detroit Locker equipped.