Re: DML:Hello/2.5 trans &diff Questions

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 21:35:36 EDT

Dennis,I know that towing is not recommended on a turbo vehicle,at least
not a 2.2/2.5 motor.Therefore having that application in a truck may not
be a good thing.I know that these motors can be built for an excess of
300 horsepower,but that`s also for a k-car pulling its own weight.Daks
weigh at least 1000 lbs. more than the cars that used that turbo
application also.I guess what I`m trying to get at is this: The turbo is
good for horsepower,but creates higher stress in the motor,compounded by
the fact that this combo was designed for a light car.If you plan to
never "use" the truck,then using a car turbo setup would probably be
OK.On the other hand,it would be an interesting thing to do to a
Dak.It`d be unique.I`d like to see a nice Magnum 340 Dak,myself. Steve
P.

99 Dakota Sport Intense Blue RC 4X4 V6 42RE 3.92 Anti-Spin w/Infinity CD
system and optional hand-crank windows (2) 3923 Autolite spark plugs
Big Blue Ram sticker in the slider window that intimidates people into
establishing a safe following distance