Re: Re: Hello/2.5,trans, &diff Questions

From: dennis (spoolboy@autospeed.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 23:11:59 EDT

--- "mike d." <miggitymike@fast4x4.net>
> wrote:
>I've thought about this a couple times. I say, get yerself a 2.2 Turbo and
>hop that b*tch UP!

The 2.5's actually make more power turbocharged....we have one in our race car running at 25psi boost.

I'm not sure about trannies... as far as 5 speeds, I know
>the AX-15 is available on 4 bangers and 6er's, and I know that the NV3500 5
>spd bolts right up to the 6er. I guess there's only one way to find out =)

Is the bellhousing separate on the nv3500?

My trans tag says New Process Gear A535 ratio 379L and clearly has a separate bellhousing. Can't read the assy #, it's too dark outside and the mounting screw is in the way.

>konw I'd be interested in seeing what a 2.2 Turbo Dak would do with 20#'s of
>boost

It'd run about like a warmed up 318, a 2.5 w/30psi would run much more impressively.

My goal is just to get around 200hp @whls and 22+MPH.
I drive 110miles a day just to work and back.
I should be able to do that with less than 20psi of boost and a 2.5

>there is no LSD for 7 1/4" rears =( but you could get an 8 1/4" from a
>boneyard easy.

Bummer. I really don't want to throw out the 7 1/4"
Was there another platform that shared this rear end?
Jeeps? RWD car? Anything I could steal a sure-grip unit out of? I could have an LSD made.....$$$ but at that point I'd just swap in another rear from something else.

==
Dennis Doza II

AutoSpeed - The World's Best High Performance Online Magazine
http://www.autospeed.com