Re: Tires for 4x4's

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 22:39:21 EDT

I have 31 10.50 BF Goodrich Radial Mud Terrains on my 1996 4x4 Dakota. These
are in my opinion the BEST and most agressive radial mud tire on the market
today. They look KILLER, ride good, are reasonably quiet for how agressive
they are, wear GREAT I expect to get 40,000 miles out of them. They also
have a 3 ply sidewall, most tires only have 2. For an agressive affordible,
good wearing, sweet looking tire, these are it! They also have Raised White
Letters. The only thing more agressive is the Super Swamper Radial TSL, and
Super Swamper SSR, neither will go down the road as nice, both will be
noiser, and neither have RWL, they are purpose built tires, and I doubt
they'd be well suited to your application unless you spend just as much time,
if not MORE time in the woods as you do on the street. If you're looking for
a tire that looks good, wears good, and has GREAT traction, buy BFG's. They
also come in 30 x 9.50's.

Luke

> Ok
> Right now I am running 31" timberline offroad tires... and I have to tell
> you I think they look pretty slick.... however... since I havent swapped
out
> the gears, it renders my truck a little gutless on uphill maneuvers. I
> wanted to drop a couple inches, and hopefully get some better treaded
tires.
> Honestly I want some SERIOUS off road tires... however I also dont want a
> stupid looking truck. GAHH I wish there was a way I could see what my truck
> would look like with tires off of it, before I purchased them =) I guess my
> question would be can anyone recommend tires under 31";s (or 31's) that got
> some big time bite.. but wouldnt look silly on an unlifted v6 dak (4x4)
>
> Wes

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, CC SB, 318 A-500 3.55 geared Peg Leg 8 1/4,
soon to be 8 3/4 Detroit Locker equipped.