Re: v6 or v8

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 12:58:54 EDT

If you can't find the truck with the options you want, order one. Then
you'll get everything exactly the way you like it.

The 3.9 is an older design, so likely better-known by mechanics outside
the dealers (it's basically your 5.2 V8 short 2 cylinders). Long-term
reliability of the 4.7, it's probably too early to say yet. As for fuel
economy, if you're getting a 4x4, you likely won't see much difference
between the V6 and V8 - 2MPG at most, I'd wager. Even if you're going
2WD, check the EPA numbers on the sticker.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com ------------------------------------------------------------- "We like AMD. The enemy of our enemy is our friend." --- Jonathan Schwartz Sun senior vice president -------------------------------------------------------------