v6 or v8

From: jdurling@mindspring.com
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 12:18:35 EDT

I have to ask the llist for some opinions from the owners of the 4.7 and
the 3.9 engines. I am looking at getting a QC and I have specific
options that I want. I like some of like the dark garnett red but I am
finding it difficult to find it with the options I want. I found one but
it has the 3.9 instead of the 4.7. I want your input from driving these
two engines in respect to problems, reliablilty, and fuel economy, etc.
I know that the 3.9 is going to get better economy than the 4.7 but that
the reliability of the 4.7 is hard to judge from it's short lifespan so
for. I drove both and while a like the power of the 4.7 I didn't feel
that the 3.9 was a slow dog either. I could possibly swing either way. I
would be buying the truck for invoice but the one I found has the loaded
stero in it and the guy wants to knock off a couple of hundred bucks so
he doesn't have to order one. He will if he has to but he would just
give me a deal if I took the one on the lot. I do not want to start nor
hear about the v6/ v8 war. I currently have a '96 dak with a 5.2 so I
know all about that. I want your impressions from owning the different
engines. I wan the auto so again please do not start that issue either.
I have nothing against my dak but I want more room and the QC would give
me what I need. Also, what has been the waiting period for the trucks
lately in case I decide to order. The slaesman guareented he woould make
sure the paperwork worked out so I get the 1k rebate which is even
better since I can use it as a down payment and the cash from my truck
for the taxes and a couple of toys. All help would be appreciated.

Jeff Durling
'96 Rc Sport