Re: Air dam painting

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 22:41:50 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/00 4:17:39 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
cyberlaw@earthlink.net writes:

> The surface is a little rough, kinda of a light texture to the finish of
> the plastic. Does this have to be sanded perfectly smooth? Or will the
> paint cover it? Or maybe a filler sandable primer. A Prime, sand,
> (Seal?), paint, clear coat process? Or maybe I'll just drop it off at my
> Paint and Body place and let them deal with it!

Ran into this problem wiht friends R/T Mirriow and my dad's Ram Tailights.
Use a ultra lgiht coat of filler primmer, then HEAVY COAT of the stuff. Sand
till is perfectly smooth, then recoat adn do it again, let it sit out for a
couple of days, trust meon this one, the texture some how works it's way back
through. And with a Dark Green you'll really be able to see it. Anyways
once this is done, Go ahead and go to town wiht paint, I would recomend a
flexing agent, but don't expect the match to be ungodly perfect with a flexer
in there, it'll change with the direction that you see it at. Other than
that Good Luck!

Greg

PS don't forget to letus know how it works!