Re: Re: V-8 idea/swap

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 22:49:33 EDT

The MP R blocks will go very large bore. I think you can get all the way
to 420ci with 4" stroker in a 360 journal size and 446!!! in a 340/318
journal size.

BTW-413 is a classic mopar size. The 63 Max Wedge 413!!! You could do 426
or 440 with the R block!!!

And of course! You can do 409 with a stock 360 block! Chevy size I know,
but then the song would be okay to play in your Dak!

The R3 blocks are great, but I wouldn't spend your money there. You can do
just fine with a stock block even if you can't quite get to the exact size.
Lie? Several famous size designations aren't!!! I think the worst was the
396 which is what? 404? Most are the other way though.

It's your money, but you didn't need the MP block. Spend it on a super
charger!

Also recognize that Magnum and Pre-magnum motors oil the valve train
differently. You can interchange heads, but it takes modifications. I'm
not up on that part of things. Also the iron R blocks aren't sleeved they
are just cast with more material to allow overboring. An aluminum block
is available. It is sleeved of course. It is expensive! I do occasional
dream of one for my cuda.

-STE