Dyno in the L.A. area? and 4.7 spark plugs - some more.

From: Aajaynefour@cs.com
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 01:37:33 EDT

Couple of questions for So. Cal. L.A. area DMLer's. Does anyone know of a
dynomometer in the L.A. area. I want to establish a baseline RWHP rating
before further modification. Also, are the stock 4.7L spark plugs (RC12MCC4)
platinum? I have my doubts. They dont "look" platinum and if platinum plugs
are supposed to have lower resistance than copper plugs, these don't. I
measured the resistance of the Autolite 3923's and the Champion RC12MCC4's
and they are more or less the same at,roughly, 4500 to 6000 ohms.

Confused and still looking for a good replacement plug for the low voltage
4.7L ignition system.

Andrew