RE: Re: oily residue on backside of TB blades,

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 21:05:15 EDT

Easy:

(1) remove the airhat from the Throttle Body
(2) Remove the connector to the AIS (aka: IAS/IAC Solenoid) located on the
back of the throttle body (Big Black thingy) - Requires a Torx-25
Screw-Driver
(3) Spray some TB Cleaner (STP or 3M) in the port and let soak for a few
minutes
(4) Spray some TB Cleaner on the plunger of the AIS and gently wipe clean
(Do NOT turn the plunger)
(5) Spray some more TB cleaner in the port again and wipe it clean as well.
(6) While your at it, use some of the TB Cleaner and clean up the bores and
linkage as well
(7) Reinstall the AIS, connector, and airhat and fire up the truck

It may take a few cranks to get her started again but once she's started,
rev the engine a few times to clean out any left-over Tb Cleaner in the
manifold. Now let it idle for about a minute.

That's all ya have to do.

- Bernd