RE: DML- switch to a limited slip differential

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 09:27:20 EDT

Jef,

Don't know where you are in the D.C. area, but if you are in Va., I'd
recommend you call National Transmission Service. They are located in
Bailey's Crossroads (5900 Seminary Road, Ph: 703-379-8000).
My regular good 'ol boy shop recommended these guys to me a number of years
ago, and they've been very good, very honest, and inexpensive (which was a
real surprise!).

I've had them re-plumb the lines for my factory tranny cooler when they
started to leak, install the Transgo Shift Kit (which they got perfect on
the first shot), installed Kevlar bands in the tranny, plus my regular
flushes & adjustments.

(parts/fluid/labor for the tranny lines was $120 - which included all new
fluid & filter as well. Seemed pretty reasonable to me.)

They also have Amsoil available if you want to go that route (one of there
guys is a distributor). I always just have them use the Castrol Synthetic.

There are some Speed & Off-Road shops in the area, but they are $$$$$!

Drop me a line off list if you need more info.
If you're near the area, run by sometime and ask them what the cost would
be.

Later,

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
Mopar HiPo Comp - Thorley Headers - Gibson Catback Exhaust