Re: ? on stroker crank for 318

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 15:00:49 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/00 2:42:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Pukeloser@aol.com writes:

> Does anyone know what the specs would be for a crank to change the stroke
> in my 318. I have decided that running a crate motor is going to be too
much

> fabrication (if I want the 380hp one). So I'm trying to figure out how
many
> cubic inches I can get out of the 318 block if I bore and stroke it. I'm
> guessing it'll be around 400ci. This way I can get a mildly aggressive
cam,
> aluminum heads, and the single plane intake with a quick D throttle body
and

> not runinto problems with the computer and fuel injection (other than
> getting
> larger injectors)
> JOHN

Talk to Mancini Racing (www.manciniracing.com). I recently got a catalog from
them and they listed a 318 stroker kit that will displace it to 416ci. Odd
though, the 360 only came out to 408ci. If you call them to discuss it do me
a favor and ask them why that is? I was wondering.

 -Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 6.0 V8
 <A HREF="www.angelfire.com/ny/vipertruck">The Vipertruck</A>