Re: snippet from a california driving school

From: Miles Harris III (spikes_duall@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 08:54:23 EDT

----Original Message Follows----
From: Terry Herrin <therrin@isaac.net>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: snippet from a california driving school
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:23:14 -0400

"Miles Harris III" <spikes_duall@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Street racing has the potential for the same major accidents as DUI for a
>number of reasons.

But does it cause as many accidents? I'd like to see statistics on
accidents caused by street racing versus accidents caused by DUI. I'd
bet good money DUI accidents are higher, and not because more people
drive under the influence than street race, because a lot of people
street race.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club, Executive Board, SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html

Terry, I'm sure your right about more accidents and deaths being caused by
DUI's but... The number of deaths via DUI's don't mean a thing to the person
who had a loved one killed because someone was street racing.

Miles Harris III
Simi Valley, CA
01 CC