Re: Sick Dak

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 08:58:43 EDT

Kyle,
  That almost sounds like my current noise. It's a metallic rattle...almost
so fast that it sounds like buzz..but loud. Mine only does it during
acceleration, and when it is cold outside. After the truck warms up a
little...it doesn't do it. During the summer..it doesn't do it.
I had it in the shop back in the spring for a leaky tranny line. I asked
the guy to check into the noise, since I had left the truck over night and I
knew it would do it the next morning. When I picked the truck up, he said
it was the timing chain. I said...you all just replaced the timing chain
less than 30,000 miles ago. He said he was sorry, but that's what they
thought it was.
Unless I find a timing chain that will last longer than 30,000 miles, I'm
not going to replace it just yet. If it blows up, it blows up. I refuse to
replace the timing chain every 30,000-40,000 miles.
I also have some thoughts that it may be the cat, with so many others having
problems. But, I think the sound is coming from the engine area. Noises
can sometimes fool a person though.
Anyway, let me know what you find out.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6