Warning on homebrew K&N

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 11:15:44 EDT

This might be obvious and/or old news to some of you, but when I removed my
homebrew K&N to install the MSD Blaster I found that the filter had been
rubbing on the AC line, and the webbing on the filter had actually started
wearing a hole in the line after only a few weeks.

I put a piece of 1/2" tubing I'd gotten for my wires on it for protection,
should take care of it.

If you have a K&N in there that's not anchored away from engine components,
you might want to doublecheck and make sure it's not rubbing against
anything. That webbing in there is like drywall sanding pads! ;-)

Thanks,

- Alex/StL
'00 RC SLT V6 5-Speed
Autolite 3923's