Re: 5-speed fluid, what to use??

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 22:23:41 EDT

    The guy that installed my Dana Trac-Loc and 3:90 gears put in
Valvoline's 85w140 (val-827) along with GM gear oil additive (for
limited slip rear axles). He mentioned that this weight gear oil was
much better than 80w90. When I changed the gear oil after a couple
hundred miles after installation I put the same back in. My rear end
still feels better than the factory's.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Intense Blue Dakota
www.intense99dak.com