4.7L Auto CC Quarter Mile Times and Observations.

From: Jason Proffitt (jason@proffittracing.com)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 00:40:33 EDT

Hello All,

I had the opportunity today to run my 2000 Dakota CC (4.7L, auto, 3.92
limited-slip, LOADED) at the track today when my Chevelle decided to spit a
piece of the ring gear out the differential cover ;-) Anyways, the Dakota
is completely stock (even the factory paper air filter still in it) with the
addition of a Extang tonneau cover (great cover by the way). The weather
was in the low 50's here in MI. I ran a best of 15.51@87mph with a 60' of
2.176. It would spin the tires a little out of the hole even with the tires
down to 22 psi. Also, of the 4 runs, the worst was a 15.54. I was
impressed with the consistency, but was not impressed with the shifting of
the multi-speed trans. Overall I was very happy with the times and plan to
at least add an intake and thermostat in the future. I have noticed that
the muffler seems to be "breaking in" and has a real nice tone now compare
to when I first got it (it has 8,000 miles now). Has anyone else noticed
this. I may possibly replace just the muffler in the future, but am
pleasantly surprised at the nice sound of the stock exhaust system for now.
Well just thought I would share my experiences and have enjoyed lurking
around the DML for the past few months.

Thanks,
Jason