Re: Computer Calibration

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 10:56:31 EST

A simple "Scan" shouldn't reset the computer at all..at least not with the
lower-end scanners available at most auto-parts stores.

A few items that you may want to look into:

(1) Dirty Air Filter - (Most obvious)
(2) Bad gas - (Possibly, but not that likely)
(3) Clogged/Bad Catalytic Convertor - (Have the dealer check this since it's
covered under a 5/50 mandatory warranty)
(4) Bad O2 - (Need scanner to watch the O2 voltages)

What I would suggest you try first is to reset the computer (15-second process)
and follow the OBD-II Driving Cycle just to make sure nothing is "out of
whack". http://www.dakota-truck.net/UPGRADES/driving_cycle.html

Is this a V6 or V8 and 2WD or 4WD?

- Bernd