Re: Hard Starting - update - more q's

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 23:28:55 EST

> There was a suggestion to switch the ignition on/off a few times before
> trying to start it and see if the pump built up pressure to deterime if
the
> pump was on its way. I tried it this morning and yup. Did the on/off
thing
> 3x, on the 4th I continued to 'start' and it fired off immediately. So
> another nail in the coffin pointing to a failing pump. So, I called the
> local dealer and a pump is ONLY $345!!!!. Kragen was $309!! Anybody got
> any other sources, prices and part #'s ? It's not made of gold! Any help
> appreciated!

Randy,
I have put 3 fuel pump modules in my truck, and have never paid over $150
for the part. The cheapest I have found it was through NAPA for $135. This
is the entire internal tank guts, fuel pump sending unit and everything you
will need. You will need two new fuel line 'clips', and new tank 'gasket',
and possibly even a new tank screw cap. The clips are about $1, the gasket
is another $5, and the cap is about $10.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6