Re: Re: NO MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS <= Everyone should read -- good example

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 14:02:54 EST

This is a beautiful rendition of people's opinions taking over this list. I
claim no innocence of polluting the list with opinions, but that's what my
last post was all about.

Excerpts from Aaron S.'s post.

> And the whole bit about threatening to leave the DML.....maybe nobody told
you, but WE DON'T CARE.

No, nobody told me. I didn't think this was a popularity contest. Could
someone fill me in?

> Points can be made without going as far as you have.

True, and i was going to post an apology for going so far, in response to a
nice letter i received off-list from Alex Harris. I say nice, because
although I didn't concur completely with his thoughts about my tone, he
wasn't a jerk about it. I will post no such quasi-apology now. I will stand
by what i said because I realized the REASON i said it. I was seriously
pissed off because i don't have enough time in the day for this list because
PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE CLOGGING THIS LIST.

Need an example of a personal attack? ummm... read what you wrote, dude.

After this Chicago/Indy meet that i'm helping set up, i will be signing off
the list. Someone please let me know when this list becomes purly
informational once again.

Sean Bruckman