Pinging

From: Jason McCarty (breezer480@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 14:35:20 EST

Hi DML,

My dakota has been pinging lately and it drives me nuts. I notice it when I
accelerate hard and when I start from a dead stop. I have a 2000 dak, 3.9L
V6, 5-speed. It has 17,000 miles and has no modifications to the engine or
drive trian. I use 87 octane (usually BP, Shell, or Chevron) because thats
what the manual says to use. Spark plugs have not been changed. Has anyone
had this problem? If so, is there anything you can do to correct the
problem? Thanks for the help.

Jason