Re: Pinging

From: Dakota31852@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 23:32:40 EST

In a message dated 11/02/2000 3:26:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
aharris@signcast.com writes:

<< I remember listening to a radio program on gasolines, and in my fuzzy
memory
 of it I think they might have said that in engines that aren't tuned to run
 higher octane gas, using it could promote the buildup of deposits in the
 engine (from inefficient burning?). Does this sound right?

Seems about right to me anyway... the spark curves are set up for the burning
rate of 87, or so they say cause if that was true, then it would never ping.