Re: MPI Install

From: Jon (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 17:44:32 EST

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, John Walker wrote:

> I have a 98 R/T with the Golden West/ATI 7-10 psi kit, headers and full
> exhaust. I am still using the stock TB, heads, and cam. How do you think
> the truck would react to installing only a M1 intake and maybe a TB? I
> would think that ultimately a cam and proper tuning would be essential to
> utilize the full potential of the intake. However, I wouldn't mind taking
> the step by step approach to my modifications and since the intake is
> sitting at the house it would be the next logical step. Any suggestions?

  Sounds like the MPI will compliment your current mods quite
nicely. A better flowing TB would probably help as well. My '96
Dak is still naturally aspirated, but besides that its got similar
mods to yours (headers, exhaust, still have the stock heads and cam)
and the MPI woke up my engine quite a bit and gave me about three
tenths in the 1/4mi. Me, I don't ever plan to go back to the stock
intake! :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .---- Jon Steiger ----- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@twistedbits.net ------.
  | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'