Re: Slicks=Drive shaft loop?

From: TommFern@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 09:00:04 EST

In a message dated 11/4/00 12:59:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com writes:

<< was under the impression that when running slicks at the strip that you
 were required to have a drive shaft loop on your vehicle. What are you guys
 doing on your Dakota's for this? Do you only need one at the Transmission
 and not at the rear axle? I'd like to run slicks so I can hook at the track
 when I have my new 4.30 or 4.56 spool in for racing next summer (boy that
 removable 3rd member in the 8 3/4" will be nice!) and I was just wondering
 what I needed to do. Thanks guys!

 One is needed at 13.99 or quicker or when running slicks. I believe it needs
to be 6 inces from the tranny. Most guys don't even run one.(I do) In fact, I
have never seen the tech guy actually get on the ground to look.-no matter
how fast the car is.
Tom(11s dak)