Re: Timing Question - 98 5.2 5spd with supercharger

From: tonyc (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 21:24:15 EST

Bernd,
Thats what I was asking. No info on the sticker under the hood, no info in
the owners manual....

I had the distributor out, had the timing cover off.... I did not see a CPS
on the front. Is it on the back, or in the pan? It's a 98 but the build
date was probably July 97 as I got the truck mid Aug of 97.

So I cannot set the idle timing by moving the distributor? If thats the
case, there must be a bad sender or such. Could you point me in the
appropriate direction? Also did you see my other post refarding the
stalling problem? Inter-related, possibly.

Tony