RE: Re: Timing Question - 98 5.2 5spd with supercharger

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 21:46:12 EST

It in the back (under the bellhousing).

You can't set the initial timing with the distributor since the sensor
inside the distributor is the Cam Position Sensor. (It's set from the
factory...if the sensor goes bad, you replace it. No adjustment.)

However, did you put the distributor back in properly? You may be off a
tooth. Since turning the distributor affects the injector timing, you may
want to (as a test) turn the distributor slightly, either direction, while
the engine is running to see if it's off. If the idle smoothes out, you're
going in the right direction.

I think you're right regarding the stalling...that's if the distributor
didn't go back in the way it came out.

Try it...I'll do some reading in the FSM to see what needs to be done.

- Bernd